MORAINE, Ohio - December 21, 2008 - General Motors Corp.’s financial woes have GM workers around the country worrying about what life without GM might be like. The 1,080 hourly workers at the automaker's sport utility plant in this Dayton suburb are about to find out. For them, life without GM begins Tuesday.
Road to Depression
LOS ANGELES, Kalifornia - December 20, 2008 - A year ago, a day-laborer center adjacent to a Home Depot here teemed with Latin American immigrants who showed up and found a sure day's work painting, gardening or hauling.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - November 18, 2008 - Saudi Arabia has no plans to contribute extra funds to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) or any other institution, Finance Minister Ibrahim Al-Assaf said Saturday.
WASHINGTON - November 20, 2008 - New claims for unemployment benefits jumped last week to a 16-year high, the Labor Department said Thursday, providing more evidence of a rapidly weakening job market expected to get even worse next year," AP reported early Thursday.
More Articles ...
- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler chiefs criticized for taking jets to bailout hearing!
- Federal Reserve further lowers economic activity projection!
- General Motors to invest 1 billion dollars in Brazil!
- MTA to fire 15,000 workers reduce service and raise fares!
- Financial crisis tab already trillions of dollars!
- Citigroup to cut 50,000 jobs!
- UBS is closing all United States accounts!
- Jobless claims highest since September 11, 2001!
- Hedge funds lose $100 billion in October!
- Fannie Mae and AIG both struggling after federal takeover!
- General Motors being pushed closer to bankruptcy!
- Circuit City files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection!
- DHL to cut 9,500 jobs and close all U.S. service centers!
- U.S. Postal Service looks to cut 40,000 jobs in first layoff in history!
- Long-term jobless benefits hit 25-year high!
- Retailers report steep sales declines in October!
- Circuit City to close 155 stores and layoff thousands!
- Gun sales surge as uncertainties stoke fears!