NEW YORK (PNN) - April 8, 2013 - She was the first crush for a generation of boys, the perfect playmate for a generation of girls.
Annette Funicello, who became a child star as a cute-as-a-button Mouseketeer on The Mickey Mouse Club in the 1950s, ruled among baby boomers, who tuned in every weekday afternoon to watch her on their flickering black-and-white television sets.
Then they shed their mouse ears, as Annette did when she teamed up with Frankie Avalon during the 1960s in a string of frothy, fun-in-the-sun movies with titles like Beach Blanket Bingo and How to Stuff a Wild Bikini.
Decades later, she endeared herself to baby boomers all over again after she announced in 1992 that she had multiple sclerosis and began grappling with the slow, degenerative effects with remarkably good cheer and faith.
Funicello died on Monday at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, Kalifornia, of complications from MS. She was 70 and had dropped from public view years ago.
“She really had a tough existence,” said Avalon. “It’s like losing a family member. I'm devastated but I'm not surprised.”
Avalon said that when they were working together, she never realized how beloved she was. “She would say, ‘Really?’ She was so bashful about it. She was an amazing girl,” he recalled.
The pretty, dark-haired Funicello was 13 when she gained fame on The Mickey Mouse Club, a children’s variety show that consisted of stories, songs and dance routines. It ran on ABC from 1955 to 1959.
Cast after Walt Disney saw her at a dance recital, she appeared in the Mouseketeer uniform of mouse ears, a pleated skirt and a turtleneck sweater emblazoned with her first name, and captivated young viewers with her wholesome, girl-next-door appeal.
She became the most popular Mouseketeer, receiving 8,000 fan letters a month, 10 times more than any of the 23 other young performers.
“It was a happy time. They were wonderful times,” she recalled in a TV interview as an adult - and she might just as well have been speaking for her Mickey Mouse Club audience.
Singer and composer Paul Anka, the one-time teen idol who briefly dated Funicello when they were on the concert circuit in the late 1950s, said that like seemingly every young Amerikan male of the time, he was in love with her.
“She was just the girl next door and they were drawn just to her,” said Anka. “She had that thing. She had the it, and there was just no stopping it.”
When The Mickey Mouse Club ended, Funicello was the only cast member to remain under contract to the studio. She appeared in such Disney movies as Johnny Tremain, The Shaggy Dog, The Horsemasters, Babes in Toyland, The Misadventures of Merlin Jones, and The Monkey’s Uncle.
She also became a recording star, singing on 15 albums and hit singles such as “Tall Paul” and “Pineapple Princess.”
Outgrowing the kid roles by the early ‘60s, Annette teamed with Avalon in a series of movies for American-International, the first film company to exploit the burgeoning teen market.
The films had songs, cameos by older stars and some laughs. The 1965 Beach Blanket Bingo, for example, featured subplots involving a mermaid, a motorcycle gang and a skydiving school run by Don Rickles, and comic touches by silent film star Buster Keaton.
Among the other titles: Muscle Beach Party, Bikini Beach, How to Stuff a Wild Bikini, and Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine.
The beach films featured ample youthful skin. But not Funicello's.
She remembered in 1987: “Mr. Disney said to me one day, ‘Annette, I have a favor to ask of you. I know all the girls are wearing bikinis, but you have an image to uphold. I would appreciate it if you would wear a one-piece suit.’ I did, and I never regretted it.”
The shift in teen tastes begun by the Beatles in 1964 and Funicello’s first marriage the following year pretty much killed off the beach-movie genre.
In the 1970s, she made commercials for Skippy peanut butter, appearing with her real-life children.
She and Avalon reunited in the 1987 movie Back to the Beach, in which Lori Loughlin played their daughter.
Funicello was born Oct. 22, 1942, in Utica, New York, and her family moved to Los Angeles when she was 4. She began taking dance lessons, and she won a beauty contest at 9. Then came her discovery by Disney.
Funicello’s devotion to Walt Disney remained throughout her life.
“He was the dearest, kindest person, and truly was like a second father to me,” she said. “He was a kid at heart.”
In 1965, Funicello married her agent, Jack Gilardi, and they had three children, Gina, Jack and Jason. The couple divorced 18 years later, and in 1986 she married Glen Holt, a harness racehorse trainer.
After her film career ended, she devoted herself to her family.
“We are so sorry to lose Mother,” her children said in a statement. “She is no longer suffering anymore and is now dancing in heaven.”
NEW YORK (PNN) - April 8, 2013 - She was the first crush for a generation of boys, the perfect playmate for a generation of girls.
On December 14, 2012, 26 people - including 20 children - were shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, shocking the entire country and spawning efforts in Congress and various state legislatures to further restrict ownership of firearms and ammunition. There has been much talk about the perpetrators of this foul crime.
The official story is that a 20-year-old local autistic man was the shooter, but there have also been stories of a second shooter. Evidence has surfaced suggesting CIA or Israeli Mossad involvement. The Second Amendment has come under renewed attack from gun control advocates, while constitutionalists have dug in their heels concerning the God-given right to keep and bear firearms in defense of life, family and country.
I spoke with a local Sandy Hook citizen to try and get a clearer picture of what really happened on that fateful day, and in its aftermath.
The shootings in Sandy Hook are an American tragedy. The loss of life is reprehensible. Yet the unalienable right of each citizen to own firearms rests at the very heart of our country’s laws. We should all abhor such tragedies as the Sandy Hook shootings, but there will almost certainly be more of these incidents in the future.
Will we, as Americans, be ready for them when they happen? Or will we abandon the principles our Founding Fathers fought and died to preserve in the hope that bad people will stop doing bad things?
January 2, 2013 - Click here for an up to date listing of all unlawful drone strikes perpetrated around the world by the criminal Fascist Police States of Amerika.
Brian James Chapman, 37, beloved son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin and friend, went to be with our Lord, Sept. 26, 2012 after a brief illness.
Brian was born June 27, 1975 to James Edward and Terese "Terry" Mesh Chapman in Hutchinson, Kansas. Brian attended Kapaun Mt. Carmel High School, Class of 1994 in Wichita and three years at WSU. He was a member of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Wichita, and attended Holy Cross Catholic Church and Grade School, Hutchinson, when he was younger.
He worked at CRU-Dataport for seven years as a computer programmer. Brian created and maintained the web site at www.revolutionnow.us. He was a dedicated American Patriot and believed each of us has the God-given right to live free.
Survivors include; mother Terese "Terry" Chapman, Wichita; sister, Kristyn Chapman, Wichita; uncles, Paul Mesh and wife Mari, Hutchinson; John Mesh, Enid, OK; aunt, Janet Cooper, Hutchinson; cousins, Bill Cooper, Matthew Cooper, Robyn Kelly, Ryan Mesh, Michael Mesh and Kayla Mesh.
He was preceded in death by grandparents, William and Marie Mesh.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Holy Cross Catholic School Education Fund in care of Elliott Mortuary, 1219 N. Main, Hutchinson, Kansas 67501. Friends may visit www.elliottmortuary.com to leave a message for Brian's family.
WILLIAMS, Arizona (PNN) - September 19, 2012 - Larry Dever, the four-term sheriff of Cochise County, has died in a one-vehicle crash near the northern Arizona town of Williams. He was 60.
Dever's death was confirmed early Wednesday by the sheriff's department. The department declined to release details of the crash or his death.
September 16, 2012 - Thanks to LawyerCT for bringing up this topic. She provided a list of the top sites online that hold data on you.
I decided to go ahead and use this list to collect removal procedures from all these websites and provide direct links or instructions to do so.
The following list was provided as being the "big boys", so if you remove your name from these ones then all the smaller "sites" should fall afterwards.
How to remove yourself from each of these have been listed below. I would recommend that you scan some form of ID such as a state issued ID like a drivers license. Black out your picture and drivers number. Leaving your name, address and DOB visible. Any sites that requires such a thing will have an * after the address.
- Intelius.com* - Opt-out
- Acxiom.com - Opt-out
- Zabasearch.com* - Opt-out
- Spokeo.com - Opt-out
- BeenVerified.com - LawyerCT's guide
- Peekyou.com - Opt-Out
- USSearch.com* - Opt-Out
- PeopleFinders.com - Opt-Out: Annoying form you have to mail in
- PeopleLookup.com* - In order for PeopleLookup to suppress or opt out your personal information from appearing on our Website, we need to verify your identity. To do this, we require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or driver's license. If you are faxing a copy of your driver's license, we require that you cross out the photo and the driver's license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. We will only use this information to process your opt out request. Please fax to 425-974-6194 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your request.
- PeopleSmart.com - Opt-Out
- PrivateEye.com - Opt-Out
- Whitepages.com - Opt-Out
- USA-People-Search.com - Opt-Out: Yet another form to mail in
- Spoke.com - Scroll Down to Access and Correction Section for more info
- PublicRecordsNow.com - Still determining how to remove...
- DOBSearch.com* - In order for us to “opt out” your public information from being viewable on the public DOBsearch People Finder search results, we need to verify your identity and require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or driver's license, or notarized letter. If you are faxing a copy of your driver's license, you may cross out the photo and the driver's license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. Please fax to 516-717-3017 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to completely process your request. It is your responsibility to ensure legibility of your document
- Radaris.com - Opt-Out; Thanks to those who figured it out.
Those are all the major sites. Of course, you could go to the topic mentioned in the beginning of this post and find LawyerCT's business to have a team of professionals remove these for you at a fee.
Source: John Moore radio broadcaster on Republic Broadcasting Network
August 29, 2012 - Ladies and Gentlemen, My two confidential sources (who don't know each other) advise me that:
- Trains loaded with military equipment (trucks, generators, forklifts, bulldozers, cranes, artillery, armor) continue to leave low-lying coastal areas headed to high ground in the interior. This is to avoid the oceans coming out of their basins.
- Obama knows (because very astute analysts have told him so) that he will loose the election.
- The third week of October there will be a contrived economic collapse/bank holiday along with social disorder.
- It will be so severe that UN troops (i.e. Russian/Chinese/East European) will graciously respond to Obama's call during our time of need to restore civil order.
- There will be no election.
This contrived economic collapse was originally not scheduled to occur until after the election.
There will be a window of several days to perhaps a week when things are beginning to fall apart with the economy (stock market crash, etc.) that everything still works (i.e. commercial aviation, credit cards, Internet, no travel restrictions, sales of firearms and ammunition, etc.). It is during that window when you can make any last minute adjustments to where you physically are located and perhaps make a few last minute purchases of essentials (chocolate, gasoline, ammunition).
However, once the economy falls apart, wherever you are is (like it or not) where you will be for an undetermined period of time.
In addition to my two sources, Doug Hagmann with the Northeast Intelligence Network has two DHS sources of his own. In his article titled It's going hot! he quotes his sources saying there will be no national elections in November. While his sources do not give a specific scenario, the intelligence is essentially the same.
I also suggest reading the first chapter (22 pages) of Patriots, A Novel Of Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles. These 22 pages give a not all that unlikely scenario of what a fast moving economic collapse could look like.
More Articles ...
- Public burnings of voter registration cards!
- Massive CME to glance off Earth’s magnetic field!
- Groundbreaking comedian Phyllis Diller is dead at 95!
- Actor Ernest Borgnine dead at 95!
- Andy Griffith dies of heart attack!
- In Memory of Tommy Cryer!
- Noted economic forecaster and American Patriot Bob Chapman dies!
- Science Ficton author Ray Bradbury dies!
- Dick Clark dies at 82!
- Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart dead!
- Broadcaster Derry Brownfield passes away!
- David Nolan, founder of Libertarian Party, has died
- In memory of Joan Veon
- Eulogy for a Great Man!
- Noted author Eustace Mullins dies!
- Freedom Fighter and Publisher Don Harkins dies: A Real American Idol
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY OR MARTIAL LAW !
- Former San Francisco 49ers coach Bill Walsh has died
- Eulogy for an Angel
- Welcome to The Voice of Freedom